Kennebunk is a beautiful town in Maine. Small and quaint, there is still so much to do in Kennebunk and the surrounding towns. Here’s my go-to guide about what to do when you’re visiting Kennebunk!
1. Town of Kennebunk: There is an all-day breakfast joint, fittingly called, All Day Breakfast. The food is delicious and fairly priced. Who doesn’t want to eat breakfast food at all times of the day? For dinner, hit up Sebago Brewing Company. Of course, you should visit the beaches, which I wrote about earlier.
2. Kennebunkport: Locals and tourists alike will line the streets of the Port to enjoy the scenic atmosphere of a true New England town. There are specialty shops that line the streets and draw you in. I wrote about my favorite shops in a separate post. The prices are high, like in any tourist town. But window shopping is worth the walk.
3. Wells: If you’re looking for some family fun, drive on over to Wells. Start the day off with some mini golf at Wonder Mountain Fun Park. If it’s raining, you can hit the local movie theater. Grab a snack at Big Daddy’s Ice Cream. It’s a popular joint each night, so be prepared for the lack of seating at peak hours.
4. Kittery: Need to shop at some shops you know and love? Hit up the Premium Outlet Mall in Kittery. This outlet mall spans down a road, so you’ll have to drive from strip to strip. If you can find a good deal, it’s worth it!
5. Saco: If you enjoy people watching and want to get in the thick of the tourist activity, go to Old Orchard Beach in Saco. There is a small, beachfront park, Palace Playland, that reminds me of a hometown fair. One gem that I found in Saco was Bay View Beach. It was a clean beach that was not crowded.
As you can see, there is a lot to do when visiting Maine. You can fill your days with fun activities and enjoy the beautiful scenery while you’re exploring. Have I convinced you to plan a trip to Kennebunk?